Thursday, March 05, 2009

Thursday Challenge: Windows and Doors -

"Red Shift"
digitally manipulated photograph by Mick Mather
- click image to see full size -

It's that time of the week to participate in Thursday Challenge and the theme windows and doors. I fell in love with this version (I have two more) even though, perhaps especially because, the windows and doors kind of disappeared. I've posted a b&w version at No Matter What Shape - The Archive so you can see that I actually did follow the suggested possibilities. A bit of a double entendre also exists ... as the old agrarian way of life slips steadily into the past and as the fading red paint of the barn grows fainter with each passing season, there's a thread that connects physics to this piece in more ways than one. Yes. Really. Look it up!

Labels: , , , , , , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Sain said...

Hey I was visiting your site when I came across this challenge, It is fun! Thank you!

6:48 AM  
Blogger SusuPetal said...

I like both versions, the black and white and this, maybe this a little bit more, because there's a hint of green and green is the color of spring.

10:40 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

Sain:
Thanks for dropping in and for the mention over at your blog. I love your profile pic - a painting? Nice!

SusuPetal:
Thanks for checking out both. As I said, I prefer this version too. :)

12:49 PM  
Blogger John M. Mora said...

Very peaceful and inviting.

I also know know what it must be like for an old bull with cataracts....

5:02 PM  
Blogger hpy said...

It's summer again with this version.

11:42 PM  
Blogger Mick said...

John:
Dig up a cloud of dust with one hoof, snort a little, lower your head and ... CHARGE! With a bellow! Dang! I think I left a piece of my left horn on the tractor! :O

hpy:
The original photograph was taken in summer, Hélène. The weather is beginning to turn. :)

4:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home