Thursday, April 26, 2007

Thursday Challenge: Fun -

"Selfportrait of the Artist as the Fifth Beatle"
digital collage by Mick Mather
This week's theme at Thursday Challenge is fun. I remember well those heady days of the British Invasion and especially recall The Beatles saying during more than one of their interviews that it was a rare day on tour when they could simply relax and have fun. Also, at the time, there were lots of people who wanted to be as closely associated with the group as possible - i.e. disk jockey Murray The K - to the point of referencing themselves as "The Fifth Beatle". Well, sorry, Charlie! That honor, then as now, went to me and me alone! :D

Labels: , , , , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger *Itkupilli* said...

So there you go...that I would call fun, too. I have been so big fan of Beatles...can I get your autograph. :)

11:09 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

Itkupili:
LMAO again ... I have been in a bit of a mood with the selfportraits this week. I still have a few more to upload but think I'll wait a while. Time to update the flickr set! As for the autograph? Send me a mailing address and I'll post a BIG red "X" back to you! :D

jesu:
I tried to upload your comment too (is it Portuguese?) but blogger won't do it. I haven't been able to translate yet but thanks, I think! :)

2:18 PM  
Blogger Mick said...

Peter:
Thanks for the lowdown...I put your comment up about as long as it deserved considering your anonymity. That sort of Beatles Trivia certainly helped to get me straightened out - but, it isn't exactly my thing. This post is a reminiscence filtered through a satirical artwork that pokes fun at a time when too many hangers-on wanted more than a little piece of the action. It would've been a lot more fun to have heard which Beatle in the line you were...(sigh).

8:18 PM  
Blogger *Itkupilli* said...

I must thak you once more. I have so much fun of making selfportraits, but sometimes I'm a little bit insecure to show them...and it's not so fun to make them without audience. I took a look once more in Flickr and you really are at your best specially with selfportraits. Now I think that I already using too much even that word...selfportraits...:)

4:01 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

Itkupilli:
With so many terrific comments like this one, is it any wonder that I blush? Thanks for having another look at my flickr set...as for the overuse of the word selfportrait? You will stay after class and write on the blackboard 1,000 times: I will not use the term "selfportrait" more than eleven times per day!

4:27 AM  
Blogger *Itkupilli* said...

LOL! Somebody could even think that I have wrong idea what it means...like I could easily mix English words!

4:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home