Wednesday, May 16, 2007

A breakthrough? I'm not so sure -

"In Praise of A Woman and the Stars"
digital collage by Mick Mather
For months and months I've been working with a new series of filters. Yes, I know that I've talked about this more than a few times before, so please bear with me. This particular piece began with 4 very different and unrelated elements that were assembled as a collage just as I might if I were arranging paper instead of pixels. I must admit, I was more than happy with things just as they were, almost. As I normally do, I ran everything through the super secret filter array. It got better and, once again, I was satisfied, almost. I've been studiously pouring over the large body of work by the German Digital Artist, Roland Winkhart (perhaps better known as AruXet) who's a genius! One more time then, through another series of filters it went and "BAM"! Life is sweet! I really like the way this turned out and hope that it isn't too close to Winkhart's territory. I intend to follow this look and style a lot further and, what was it that I said yesterday? "There's always work to do!"

Labels: , , , , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger *Itkupilli* said...

Yes, stunning, a masterpiece. I like it very much. I took a look several times. But I don’t know…I think I like more the style I’ve seen before. I don’t know if this is just something like homesickness.

“All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another.”
Anatole France

But go-ahead! Art must go on!

3:20 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

Itkupilli:
This sort of feedback is very important to me and I say thank you. In my own mind as well, I'm not sure about things just yet. This particular piece was the breakthrough for me as concerns being able to do it all. As said, I've been looking at Winkhart's work for months and scratching my head. Then I try a few things, then scratch my head again. So, after all these months of learning how and getting one piece to work the way that I want it to was very rewarding. Come to that, I'm not deserting my other style and you'll see more of what you've grown used to seeing. In the long run, pieces such as this will mosy likely be relegated to The Outer Dust Rings blog.

5:50 AM  
Blogger Mistress of Solace said...

This is atteniton grabbing! I think its fresh and allows the veiwer to relate in many different ways. I like this so much I signed up for an account here so I could leave a comment.... I have no idea what the heck to do with my new space here. I will frequent your blog to see more of your of work. Thank you for sharing it with us.

11:01 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

Amber:
Gosh! What can I say to this? Thank you, obviously - as I blush a rich, deep red - and welcome aboard the blogspot thrill ride! I'm certain that you'll figure out what to do soon enough; which begs the question, "what are you doing now and where?" Please do stop back early and often.

12:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home