Thursday, May 31, 2007

Thursday Challenge: Peaceful -

"As Peaceful As It Gets"
digitally manipulated photograph by Mick Mather
It was a lovely Memorial Day weekend, just passed, and we went to the cemetery to pay our respects. I got a good group of photographs featuring my 3-year old granddaughter, Leighlund, who didn't seem the least out of sorts at being in such a reverent place. In fact, her first task, chosen all by herself, was to attempt to scrape a years worth of moss from Great Grandpa and Grandma's headstone. As I looked over while she was busy assessing outcomes, I couldn't help but think that this is one of those perfect moments frozen in time. As peaceful as it gets? Pretty close.

Labels: , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger *Itkupilli* said...

She is so sweet. So beautiful picture. And it contains content that is even more beautiful. Put tears in to my eyes…I miss so many people…

12:38 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

Itkupilli:
Awwww, it was truly a happy day in most respects. For my granddaughter, it was more of a romp in the park. I tried to take a lesson from her pure enjoyment of the day, the sunshine, the beautiful grounds. Instinctively, she knew the spirits of our own family, and others, were right there too. Little children often have as much to teach as to learn I think.

7:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home