Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Painting with 1's and 0's -

"Flags Flying"
digitally manipulated photograph by Mick Mather
Not so long ago I discovered a box of slides that I hadn't seen in over a decade. I scanned them, put them into a digital file and forgot about them again until a few weeks ago. All of these images were dark, diffused and saturated with false colors - a challenge to be sure and I wasn't up to it. As so often happens here at the Secret Visual Laboratory, I pressed forward anyway, layering, softening and finally, into the paint filter. I haven't been using that one much, since the end of 2006, and I didn't have high hopes for my success rate. All of a sudden, BAM! This dark and brooding impressionist thing began to take shape. I like it.

Labels: , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger *Itkupilli* said...

Hei, I like this rainy effect. Like looking through window when its rains heavily. And I like stormy weather. Very wet and windy.

4:38 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

Itkupilli:
Thanks so much. I noticed that rain on the window look too ... it's one of the things that pushed me forward as the piece developed. Of course, I'm blushing, but also smiling as we have another thing in common - I too love stormy weather and rainy days. I like to walk in the rain too, it's a reflective experience that leaves me happier at the end than at the beginning. :)

6:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home