Monday, May 21, 2007

Moody Monday: Colourless -

"Tall Cool One"
digitally manipulated photograph by Mick Mather
The weekly theme is colourless at Moody Monday. A dichotomy exists here: is it the theme that's lacking? Or, is it the theme that's lacking? See what I mean? Anyway, as I was driving home from my office the idea that ice, water and glass were all relatively colourless so I set up a simple still life, shot it and ran it through the array here at the Secret Visual Laboratory. There's only one thing else to do then, yes? A shot of bourbon to go with it...bottoms up!

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger *Itkupilli* said...

Genius! Your secret laboratory is very fascinating. …bottoms up! I did it yesterday. I drank my second beer this year. Funny coincidences are going on at the blogosphere. So small world.

1:46 AM  
Blogger Elegia said...

Oh, this is great! You are very fabulous. It seems you analyse the environment very creatively.

Colourless can be interesting too!

2:23 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

Itkupilli:
With my regular blush I say, "Thank You" for the comments. Yes, a small world indeed but, what kind of beer were you drinking?

Elegia:
Thanks to you also, with a blush. My first intention was to post a completely black rectangle. After all, it is colour that allows us to see as we do - without any at all, in a colourless world - all would be black. Hmmmm, perhaps I should've had a Black Label instead of that bourbon! :D

5:14 AM  
Blogger Janice Ykema said...

I like this... its simple.. and elegant...

5:43 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

Janice:
I say "thanks so much" with the usual blush. I wish it were so easy to find the simple & elegant every time, but as we both already know, it's not.

5:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home