Saturday, May 19, 2007

Watching too much Schiele -

"Haunted by Egon Schiele"
digital collage by Mick Mather
Last month I was walking down the street when I spotted a shop window that was shaded with newspapers so you couldn't see the rehab work going on inside. I took a few photos, dumped the digital files into the computer, settled on three different images found on various pages and began to play around. Once again, I shuffled images about digitally - just like I would if using torn papers. When satisfied with the various layers, manipulations and filter applications I stuck this in a holding file for further review. It looked strangely familiar to me, but why? As I thunked and thunked over it, I finally realized that this piece would fit, comfortably too, in any retrospective of Egon Schiele. So, with a tip of the hat to Herr Schiele, I say, enjoy!

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger *Itkupilli* said...

Indeed! Incredible! You amaze me more and more. Are you real? ;D

11:04 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

Itkupilli:
Thanks so very much, with my usual blush...yes, I assure you that I'm real. I have plenty of flaws too! :)

3:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home