Thursday, May 17, 2007

Thursday Challenge: Motion -

"Motion"
montage by Mick Mather
Motion is the theme at Thursday Challenge this week. I had begun a piece a few weeks back with a honey bee as the subject, manipulated into a spiral swarm of the little buggers. Since it wasn't quite what I wanted I changed gears and began working with the cluster fly instead. Their illogical, ziggity zag flight patterns seemed to fit the idea better, especially considering that their motion is exotic and erratic. Well, the minipulation of another spiraling group of buggies never did come out the way I wanted so I changed course, ending up with this. Attention, everyone...and, Australian Salute! To!

Labels: , , , , , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger *Itkupilli* said...

I have to use dictionary many times I read your text. And this topic: motion? Yes you’re right. It fits to it very well, after checking all meanings to motion. And I like it. And I tell once that you are a genius. You amaze me…in many ways.

5:05 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

Itkupilli:
First, my usual blush for the lovely comment. As for needing a dictionary when reading my posts - that's GOOD! You will more quickly learn some of the vagaries and dual meanings of the language. :)

5:20 AM  
Blogger *Itkupilli* said...

I’m afraid I make very stupid mistakes in English. Finnish is so different language; it has said that all other languages have something in common, except Finnish. So it’s not easy, but I’ve never before been so anxious to learn. This is very good practise. I like your texts so much. As a European I’ve preferred British English, but beginning to like American, too. Thanks to you.

5:36 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

So far, any mistakes that you've made have been minor and, mostly, usage that is only slighty out of syntax. I doubt that it's a problem for those of us you communicate with and it's definitely not a problem for those of us, like me, who love you. Come to that pesky little thing called "love", I love language too - no surprise there I'll bet - and get the biggest kick out of the differences between British English & American English. When you break each language down a bit further into their general, as well as regional, colloquialisms, it gets even more interesting and more fun! There now, lots of stuff to look up in your dictionary today! :D

6:52 AM  
Blogger *Itkupilli* said...

I'll do my homework! :)

7:24 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

Good girl. Reports due on Wednesday. :D

10:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home