Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Messing around again -

"Deck of Cards"
montage by Mick Mather
Bear with me for a moment, for the end of the story comes first. The title is a nod to an old series of very short stories, The Chronicles of a Lonesome Princess, that has been mentioned before in this blog. In one of those little vignettes, the Lonesome Princess posed for the Court Photographer. The object of this exercise was a deck of, let's just say risque, playing cards that were passed out in ration packets to the troops on a distant field of battle. Here then, in tonight's post, we have the box that said deck of cards would have been packaged in. The other thing that happened was that almost every other layer, as this work progressed, was fine and at least two more versions of this would stand easily on their own. Since our Lonesome Princess exists as one of the characters over at my Outer Dust Rings sci-fi blog - The Princess of Derby - perhaps one of those alternate versions will see the light of day over there at some point.

Labels: , , , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Janice Ykema said...

not reading a picture here.... :( , even when i click on the questionmark... and I do... want to see that deck of cards!

5:56 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

Janice:
LOL ... there's definitely an image of the Lonesome Princess here. I'm sorry that it isn't so easy to discern. However, I'm confused about the 'even when i click on the question mark' part. In the long run, I wanna see those cards myself! I need someone to model 54 different poses though. Are you volunteering? :D

6:48 AM  
Blogger *Itkupilli* said...

And this one is a master piece...princess and harlequin squares look ghastly beautiful….I like a lot!

9:58 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

Itkupilli:
Thanks so much (with my usual blush!) for this lovely tip of the hat! As I mentioned, I do have 2 or 3 more good versions of this. I should email one that's easier to see to Janice. :D

12:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home