Sunday, June 03, 2007

NEW from The Chairs Series -

"Chairs At A Small Round Table"
montage by Mick Mather
The effect is called 'clustering' - where a number of related or similar things begin to happen at the same time, in the same place. This is a common measure in community and economic development that occurs because people want to be where other people are. Soon, that equates to events being scheduled, business openings or expansions, etc. where people are congregating. It's one of those 'chicken or the egg' questions as regards how the phenomenon gets started, nurtured and grown...but, I digress. Here (we may need to stretch a little bit to include inanimate objects as artwork posted to a blog) is another entry in that part of my ongoing work known as The Chairs Series. While Friday's post wasn't labeled as part of that particular body, it surely belongs there. I don't know that I have any other chairs in the files ready to post, but that's what seems to be so amazing about the clustering phenomena. One could appear out of the blue!

Labels: , , , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger *Itkupilli* said...

Wow! Chairs...you are genius chair artist...an other favourite of your series, most favourite is of course your self portraits...I hope you find more chairs….this is really cool…

11:11 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

Itkupilli:
You know that this makes me blush! Thanks for the wonderful comment. It's almost spooky, just before checking back here - before my afternoon nap - I was working on a NEW selfportrait. I'll probably get it up one day next week.

11:29 AM  
Blogger Catnapping said...

i love this. it's restful. i can see an intimate discussion over coffee or someone studying quietly, coffee on hand.

12:22 PM  
Blogger Mick said...

catnapping:
Thanks so much! The image came to me slowly through many layers and manipulations. By the time I was finished it did seem to be a warm and inviting image to me as well. I like the way you put it better.

3:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home