Sunday, August 05, 2007

Everyone loves a puppet show, yes? -

"A Day After Punch Left Judy"
digital collage by Mick Mather
Before I get too long winded, you can see an alternate version of this piece here, at No Matter What Shape - The Archive, one of my other blogs. There was something about the nose in the piece that made me think of both Punch and Judy. Even as I was doing the final save as in the holding file my hand was already poised to go further. As I mention from time to time, I have this new plug-in that is great fun to mess around with. Given the progress made with my ability to make that software editor do what I want it to, well, let me just say that I'm having one of those warm, fuzzy feelings when it all works out. Anyway, I do like this version a lot too. The segmented, compartmentalized compositional elements give it the feel, if not the exact look, of a puppet theater.

Labels: , , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger SusuPetal said...

A puppet on a string or Alice in the Mirror World.
I like these colours, very much alive.

3:00 PM  
Blogger Mick said...

susupetal:
Thanks so much with my usual blush. This piece, as well as the other version, was a lot of fun to work on. :)

5:20 PM  
Blogger hpy said...

It looks just like me.

2:20 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

hpy:
Sacre bleu! :O ... it does look like you! :D

6:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home