Monday, August 06, 2007

Moody Monday: Irritable -

"Irritable"
digital collage by Mick Mather
As I sat pondering this week's theme - irritable - at Moody Monday this was the first idea that came to mind. As I went surfing for shirts on hangers, up popped this wonderful old illustration from Edna Ferber's novel, "Personality Plus". The quote and the image were simply perfect! I added a rather contemporary-looking, faux advertisement featuring a sport shirt on a hanger and ... voila! Irritable personified. :D

5 Comments:

Blogger Mick said...

Susupetal:
Can you see the image now?

3:10 PM  
Blogger SusuPetal said...

Yes, now I can see it. Is it due to my bright and shiny morning eyes or did you pull some magic:)

This challenge was so challenging, that I couldn't come up with anything. I believe the word was to abstract for a Finn.

But you succeeded. "Sullen, angry, young face". Yes, he looks like that, irritated. This collage is airy and light, maybe due to the colouring.

11:56 PM  
Blogger Mick said...

susupetal:
I'm certain your ability to view is due to your bright and shiny morning eyes. There was no magic here yesterday due to blogspot acting up. Evidently I could see the image but no one else could and I had to redo the entire post. Then things got worse ... don't ask.

Thanks with my usual blush for your last comment. I had to think for quite a while about how to connect the old and the new imagery with colors that could gently accomplish the task. Just as an aside, what I imply is happening here actually did happen to me. I put on a clean, dress shirt one sleepy morning with the hanger still in it! :D

6:20 AM  
Blogger SusuPetal said...

That must have heart!

12:09 PM  
Blogger Mick said...

susupetal:
LOL ... or, perhaps, too much brandy the night before. :)

1:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home