Sunday, September 23, 2007

Another lazy Sunday -

"A Single Flash of Club Kid Fame"
digital collage by Mick Mather
I've been away much of the day and I'm all in! I've been playing around with this image for the last few days and I think that I have it where I want it. There's no important connection, no metaphor or statement being made here beyond the "gone in a flash" moments of youth that seem so important at the time. In many ways, I suppose that they really are important pieces of the puzzle we call the formative years.

Labels: , , , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger hpy said...

In the style of the previous one, and also of the White Hat, it's full of light.

12:04 AM  
Blogger Elegia said...

Oh, this looks quite spooky with flashing eyes! It could me a zombie :D

12:29 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

hpy:
Thanks so much! I'm hard at it at my office - forgive my lack of visits at your place lately. :)

elegia:
LOL - I knew that you'd really like this one. Thanks so much for both comments! :D

7:21 AM  
Blogger SusuPetal said...

Hmm, this reminds me of James Cagney, same fiercing eyes and high trousers of the 30's. Hmmm.

10:02 AM  
Blogger hpy said...

I know what it is to be busy. Lately I haven't had the time for everything either.

10:05 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

susupetal:
I say thanks for this description of your vision for the piece. Things aren't always what they seem, however, and I thereby suspect that your hmmmm is more appropriate than you realize! :)

hpy:
I guess that I just feel a little bit guilty about it ... thanks for letting me off the hook. :)

10:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home