Tuesday, September 25, 2007

NEW from The Papers Series -

"Fatal Crash #2"
digital collage by Mick Mather
It seems like a lot longer to me but the truth of it is that I posted "Fatal Crash #1" just over a month ago. I'm not going to go into the details of the piece, follow the link back if you're interested in getting the story. At the time, I promised to show this version and here we have it. Between now and then, a new series of work has decidedly been born - more work to follow as I feel my way through this combination of traditional torn paper collage and digital manipulation.

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger carla said...

If I didn't know that this has a truly tragic provenance, I would see it as a beautiful cubist abstraction of color and hidden shapes. I think perhaps I prefer it that way. The colors and treatment are very beautiful.

3:59 PM  
Blogger Mick said...

carla:
This may be one of the most thoughtful responses I've yet had as regards these particular pieces. I prefer to see it this way too. :)

4:49 PM  
Blogger SusuPetal said...

Disaster can also look beautiful, powerful too. A mere hint of tragedy is well displayed in this pic.

9:01 PM  
Blogger Mick said...

susupetal:
What you say is very true and, as artists, we're often drawn to reinvent the tragic image for one reason or another. Thanks so much! :)

4:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home