Saturday, January 26, 2008

NEW from The Mister Existence Series -

"Sister Existence Alone in Her Room"
digital collage by Mick Mather
It's absolutely comical sometimes, the way a series of work lies dormant and then, all of a sudden, new work explodes out of the Secret Visual Laboratory! Last night I was just fiddling about, playing and having fun, trolling though FFFFOUND!, getting inspired and then getting to work. The piece changed dramatically over the few hours that I worked on it and this is the version that I decided to go with. It seemed to fit the series perfectly so, here 'tis!

Labels: , , , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Elegia said...

E-rotic, really! It could be a woman in the water (see that ground: so smoggy and green). Plankton.

2:08 PM  
Blogger Mick said...

elina:
Yes, mildly so. It's just her room though. No water, no plankton, no smoggy swamp. :)

6:43 PM  
Blogger SusuPetal said...

She's too skinny! If she continues to lose weight, she'll fade away, she'll disappear into that green and she will no longer be sister existance, on the contrary.

This pic makes me sad.

1:20 AM  
Blogger Trijnie said...

she wears a bikini?!
great image

10:29 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

susupetal:
Perhaps, Susu ... but, as The Duchess of Windsor once said, "A woman can't be too rich or too thin."

womann in glass:
Yes, Trijnie, my thinking already takes me to warm weather and fewer clothes. :)

11:10 AM  
Blogger John M. Mora said...

Lisa from beautiful NZ sent me here, although I also have followed your comments at Trijnie's blog.

Until I saw your title, I envisioned a warm summer night, just past sunset, and we (I should have said she) are waiting at the beach for a fireworks display or lightning.

I love a green quality to light, but for me that happens with bad thunderstorms only....

Take care.

7:41 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

john (etc.):
Yes, we're traveling in a few of the same circles and thanks for dropping by my place. I always have to decide whether titling work will influence someone else's viewpoint and I'm delighted that, in your case, it did not. I'm always intrigued by what others bring to my work.

9:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home