Tuesday, March 18, 2008

NEW from The Mister Existence Series -

"Sister Existence Swings Out"
digital collage by Mick Mather
For more than a few weeks this piece, even though finished as far as I was concerned, was still a bit of a mystery for me. One of the things that I enjoy most about the collage work that I do is the tearing apart of images, completely removing contexts. During reassembly, whatever I find useful is reconstructed and soon takes on a whole, new context. Tonight's post is one of those times when that new meaning escapes me, at least for a little while, and ultimately defines itself over time. Along the way, the criss-crossing of the odd synapse gap includes no less than Dancing With the Stars and a mid-1980's pop group out of Manchester, England known as Swing Out Sister. Go girl!

Labels: , , , , ,

8 Comments:

Blogger Lucky Dip Lisa said...

I totally get what you mean about giving a new context to an image, word etc a new context. The point where you make it yours if it's from a magazine like mine are. I like your image here. The glasses make her mysterious and I like the fact that she's the only person there amongst all those empty seats.I wonder if she's the last one to leave or the first there? Maybe she was always alone. I like a mystery, I have a good imagination!

10:40 PM  
Blogger hpy said...

There's no picture!

12:44 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

lisa sarsfield:
Yes, a bit of a mystery here! I have my own ideas but will leave them for a while longer. :)

hpy:
I don't know why there's no image at your end, Hélène, and I'm sure you're hit the "refresh" button a time or two. Anyway, I see it, Lisa sees it ... is anyone else having trouble?

BTW, I like the manipulation of your profile pic. :D

6:38 AM  
Blogger SusuPetal said...

There wasn't a photo in the morning, just a line, but now, in the evening, I can see!

Is she late leaving or early arriving?(or why are the seats so empty???)

9:20 AM  
Blogger Elegia said...

This is beautiful. The audience... doesn't exist. Sad but colorful.

9:53 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

susupetal:
Thanks for the image report, Susu. I have to say that blogger has been doing a lot of maintenance lately. I suspect their continual tinkering is the culprit here.

Is she or isn't she? Does she or doesn't she? Only her hairdresser knows for sure! :D

elina:
I appreciate you saying so ... and, has the audience gone missing? Or haven't they arrived yet? Is it sad? Is there someone yet unseen? Maybe. :)

11:22 AM  
Blogger hpy said...

Now she swings :)

2:18 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

hpy:
Congratulations, Hélène, it appears that the image has appeared! :)

10:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home