Monday, December 01, 2008

Installation day -

"Everson Unwrapped Tree, Under Construction"
stacked glass sculpture by Mick Mather
Today's post is one of the documentation photographs taken while I was creating this piece for the Everson Unwrapped event that opens on Thursday, December 4th. The piece is just about 25" tall - go here for complete information - and I'll be installing this very, very soon. When I have the final documentation photographs of the finished installation I'll be sharing it right here.

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Lucky Dip Lisa said...

I'm sure you already know this....but I'm gonna say it anyway...HOW EXCITING!!
This is very cool:) I look forward to the finished project and shared documentation!

7:58 PM  
Blogger Mick said...

Lisa Sarsfield:
I do admit that I'm quite excited about this piece. It's very rare for a museum to recognize a local artist and this is a huge honor for me. The entire process has been somewhat of a whirlwind of activity preceded by peaks and valleys as the proposal went through committee and staff reviews before acceptance. Added to that were liability questions that had everyone but me shaking with fear and certain that there'd be a horrible accident resulting in huge losses of blood ... namely mine. I'm pleased to say that the piece has been installed without incident and it looks exactly as I envisioned it! I'll put up a documentation photograph, as promised, over the weekend ... stay tuned! :)

8:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home