Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Back to the cube -

"Post Cube Conceptual Study II"
manipulated digital drawing by Mick Mather
A week or so ago I mentioned that I might be showing another version of this piece and here it is. I'm having a lot of fun with all of the works that continue to pile up as a result of the Kings Court Cube land art sculpture; and, I'm getting closer to putting what I have so far into a catalog or something. I may also have stumbled into an opportunity to create Ice Cube if I can get a proposal together and find the right weather conditions when winter gets here. I'll keep you posted.

Labels: , , , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger SusuPetal said...

Ice cubes...oh no, that surely means winter.
Isn't this piece icy enough???? For me it is.

11:42 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

susupetal:
Yes, this piece is icy enough ... but, I have an outdoor project to accomplish that will surely require winter temperatures. You, obviously, can curl up with a movie, a good book or some hot blues while I'm outside freezing and building the darned thing!

2:30 PM  
Blogger hpy said...

Oh, a portrait of me. That's just how I feel this morning, scrambled, twisted, mixed-up.

1:36 AM  
Blogger Lucky Dip Lisa said...

Exciting news! How big?
Not freezer sized I would assume:)

I like the windows in this one, a room with a view.

I looked up Goldsworthy...very interesting! Thanks!

2:41 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

hpy:
Yes, I've been having a few days like this myself.

lisa sarsfield:
I can't really say how big as it will depend upon a water source that first has to freeze over and then I would have to harvest the ice. The place I have in mind has two ponds and I'd like to build the piece in the center on a pedestal of some sort so it will appear to hover over the water and/or the refrozen surface. Various factors will apply; such as the quantity and thickness of the harvested ice, the depth of the pond at the center and the temperature of the water while building the piece.

As for Goldsworthy, I knew you'd enjoy his work. :)

7:14 AM  
Blogger harlequinpan said...

Very very unique!!

9:50 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

harlequinpan:
It's been great fun creating the numerous artworks that will accompany the documentation of Kings Court Cube.

6:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home