Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Olé -

"Picasso's Bull"
manipulated fractal flame by Mick Mather
As I am wont to do, I was just frittering away a bit of time and playing about in one of my digital drawing programs. The results of that playtime were minimal as regards posting here so I grabbed an old fractal flame and layered it into the drawing. Still not much to see so I passed that fractal through one of my plug-in filters and, hello! What have we here. A tweak here and a stretch there and what we have is a bit of the Spanish spectacle of bullfighting as well as an interesting bit of symbolism of the sort that informed the sub-conscious thinking of Picasso - Jackson Pollock as well now that I think of it. Whichever way you like it, here 'tis!

Labels: , , , , ,

10 Comments:

Blogger SusuPetal said...

El Toro! Si! I can see it!

Hola!

8:38 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

susupetal:
Thanks, Susu! :D

9:08 AM  
Blogger Elegia said...

Yes, I can see it too, although I had to explore it for a while. But that's not a bad thing at all. I like the pics you should think a bit before you figure out the whole scale. This is great, Mick, the fire bull! ;)

12:02 PM  
Blogger Mick said...

elegia:
I'm glad you had fun exploring this piece. I like it when you have to work and think about an image too. :)

3:57 PM  
Blogger hpy said...

Yes! Your picture symbolizes the bullfight, especially with that red hot blood and sun behind the fight.There is much power in that picture.

12:18 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

hpy:
The Finnish Sisters have weighed in on this image and there is likely not much more to say! Except: T-H-A-N-K-S !!! :D

5:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hummm, well, I can see a bull in there somewhere. Nice energy in the lines and colors (nice choice in the colors very powerful).

8:41 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

shani:
LOL - as long as you see it ... somewhere in there! :D

11:51 AM  
Blogger Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

Sure enough! pretty COOL!

1:04 PM  
Blogger Mick said...

mary stebbins taitt:
I'm glad you like this one, Mary! :D

1:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home