Thursday, October 16, 2008

Thursday Challenge: Autumn -

"Autumn 2008"
digital photograph by Mick Mather
Yes, autumn is this week's theme at Thursday Challenge with leaves as a sub-theme. While I was out walking through the neighborhood the afternoon sun was just right, lighting up these multi-colored beauties. While I was out there, I was fortunate to find a cherry tree with 3 ripe orbs hanging from a nub of a branch as well as a long limb full of crab apples on another small tree. The air was cool, the sky was blue, a riot of color was at every point of the compass and my how the birds did sing. Next year, I think I ought to plant a few pumpkin seeds here and there in the wild corners of the big back yard.

Labels: , , , , , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger hpy said...

Beautuful red colors, just what I miss here. All is still so green and brownish. We do have some sunshine today; the sun came out just some ten minutes ago, the morning was very grey and humid. Not rain today though. Yesterday I took in the only pumkin that had accepted to grow, and it was quite small. Couldn't do for Halloween (even though I don't celebrate it).

5:13 AM  
Blogger SusuPetal said...

Beautiful light in this pic.

I'm still choosing my pic...

8:04 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

hpy:
We've had wonderful weather for almost a whole week; until today at 2:00am when the sky opened up. It poured all through the morning but has now cleared with sun and blue sky again.

susupetal:
I was very fortunate to get this photograph. It was taken in that lush, late afternoon light that changes with each little breeze. :)

9:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah, what a beautiful photo Mick! Ain't Fall grand?!

1:30 PM  
Blogger Mick said...

shani:
First (blush!), I say thanks for the comment. I'm much more of a Spring person, but, on days like this it's a joy to be alive. I guess what gets to me most is the shorter day ... that lack of sunshine does me in every year and I have to fight my way through daily bouts of depression that often lasts all Winter.

2:48 PM  
Blogger hpy said...

The short days are hard, I agree. And I think that Susu does it too.

1:19 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

hpy:
We're in agreement then ... it's time we all pool our resources and start wintering in Africa, Australia, South America, Southeast Asia or The Caribbean every year.

12:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home