Saturday, October 25, 2008

In search of the perfect brew -

"Tea Ball"
digitally manipulated fractal flame by Mick Mather
I love tea. I drank it for years, my favorite being Twining's "Irish Breakfast Tea". At one point I even had a beautiful, silver tea ball that looked a bit like this - tarnished and stained with a long, sail-like hook at the end of its chain. From time to time, in my haste, the ball would roll off it's tiny tea plate onto the linen tablecloth, staining the fabric with shadows that never really came out. As I reconsider this, wouldn't I love to have that table cloth now? I'd cut out the tea stained patch and frame it alongside today's post. :)

Labels: , , , , , ,

8 Comments:

Blogger SusuPetal said...

I learned to drink coffee very late, before that it was always tea, tea, tea, all kind of marvelous brewed tea.
I know!

12:04 PM  
Blogger Mick said...

susupetal:
The only part I had to leave out of this little story is the fact that I had to quit drinking tea because it stained my teeth so badly. Oh, what price vanity?

4:10 PM  
Blogger Catnapping said...

This made me think of roses, and their many petals...and layers...kinda like tea - that first note, and then the aroma...nice.

1:31 PM  
Blogger Mick said...

catnapping:
Hmm ... in that case, I'll make yours a cup of Red Rose Tea. Watch for the chimpanzee. :D

6:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, now I like this one! Especially the texture, it's really just like a muslin tea bag. Oh, and as one tea lover to another, how could I not like this?!

7:07 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

shani:
Thanks for bringing up the texture in this piece. It really wasn't working out very well until I added that layer. :)

8:00 AM  
Blogger hpy said...

Looks like coffee time to me.

8:11 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

hpy:
Coffee, tea, Irish Whiskey ... whatever you prefer. :D

6:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home