Monday, November 17, 2008

Where do I go from here?

"A Walk in the Fog I"
manipulated digital photograph by Mick Mather
As I continue to make forays into the BIG backyard, I seem to be getting closer to organizing my land art projects. Too, my further research and study of the works of Richard Long and Hamish Fulton inspire me as I also begin to embark upon my own program of "Walking Art". Everything seems to be taking shape and it feels right. For the moment, some of the documentary photographs taken one foggy day after completing the Kings Court Cube will become part of that old project under the title "Fog Walk 2008". Today's post is the first to be included in my plans for a proper exhibition ... one foot after the other.

Labels: , , , , , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger SusuPetal said...

Hi Mick, thanks for your comment in my photo gallery. I have a terrible flu and an infection, my head is killing me, so I haven't been able to sit and read blogs, or anything else. But now I have antibiotics, hope they'll work.

6:06 AM  
Blogger hpy said...

This is a macro of fog!

6:11 AM  
Blogger harlequinpan said...

Great composition!

Good Luck! Mick
....MMmmmM ...maybe learning from ants' path !?

7:00 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

susupetal:
Poor Susu! The flu? Oh no! I hope you get better very, very soon.

hpy:
Well, the original photo was taken on that foggy, foggy day I mentioned way back when. Talk about a micro seen as a macro ... and then there's this manipulation of one of the spider web photos. This post, too, hails from that particular morning photographing the fog-misted BIG back yard!

harlequinpan:
Hmmm, are you saying this reminds you of an ant farm? :)

12:16 PM  
Blogger Lucky Dip Lisa said...

You know I see a nest....

I am pleased to hear you've embarked on a walking art project. I will be very interested to see the outcome(s) of it!

1:10 PM  
Blogger Mick said...

Lisa Sarsfield:
Yes, I can understand that you see a nest here. There's another installment imminent so watch for it. As for the Walking Art Project, I'll keep everyone posted.

5:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home